- This event has passed.
KAOKOLAND / DAMARALAND WILD. (July 9-19, 2023)
July 9 @ 8:00 am - July 19 @ 5:00 pmR42500
The KAOKOLAND / DAMARALAND WILD is a no compromise ‘AFRICAN MOTORCYCLE ADVENTURE. This tour visits the regions of Kaokoland and Damaraland in the remote north west of Namibia. The tour begins and finishes in the coastal town of Swakopmund and entails 11 days of exciting adventure bike riding in a region known as Africa’s ‘last unspoiled wilderness’.
This tour is a giant loop into this truly remote wilderness between Angola in the north and Swakopmund. The terrain includes wild grass lands, rugged rocky climbs, lengthy navigable dry river beds, desert plains and the Skeleton Coast. (For a less demanding ride but in same region see our KAOKOLAND ODYSSEY TOUR?) This region is a vast unfenced game park with herds of antelope, giraffe and desert elephant roaming free.
You will meet the semi-nomadic Himba tribe that continue to live seemingly untouched by the modern world. The women are instantly recognisable by the red dye that covers their bodies as protection from the sun and insects.
- 6 nights bed and breakfast in stunning bush lodges and guesthouses.
- 6 nights in tented camps. (tents, mattresses and all camp gear supplied by WildWood.
- 7 x bed and breakfast, 4 x dinner, bed and breakfast, roadside picnic lunches
- 11 Days motorcycle rental
- Four wheel drive vehicle and trailer support team and gear carrier.
- all fuel and oils
- Experienced rider guide (first aid trained)
For more details see the tours section on wildwood.capetown website.