- This event has passed.
KAOKOLAND WILD – (July 15-24)
July 15, 2021 @ 8:00 am - July 24, 2021 @ 5:00 pmR28000
ARE YOU READY FOR OUR TOUGHEST ADVENTURE TOUR?
Kaokoland , the northwest of Namibia is not considered ‘Africa’s last unspoiled wilderness’ for no reason.
Our regular Wildwood Kaokoland Odyssey tour is already a challenging 11 day motorcycle adventure. but this one is strictly for very experienced adventurers. Aimed at the single cylinder adventure machines we’ve included some truly remote and lesser known tracks. Rocky gorges like Robbie’s Pass, Van Zyl’s Pass (west to east) and Heartbreak Hill will test your test your rock riding skills. The river beds of the Hoanib, Hoarusib and Huab rivers include hundreds of kilometers of deep sand tracks. Every day of the tour is different with constantly changing terrain and topography.
Kaokoland is like a giant unfenced nature reserve, so expect to see herds of free roaming antelope , desert elephants and other wild life on the trails and even in the unfenced overnight camps. In places like Puros it’s common to have giraffe and elephants in and around our camps at night.
The Himba tribe, the nomads of the north live simply as they have done for centuries in this rugged outback with their herds of goats and cattle. Their serenity is infectious and one can’t but feel enriched by your interactions with them.
- The tour is 10 days, starting and ending in Windhoek, capital of Namibia.
- 3 nights in guest houses and 8 camping (tents & mattresses supplied but you’ll need a sleeping bag)
- Support 4×4 vehicle and trailer carry all our gear, fuel and supplies
- we supply daily breakfast, roadside lunches and dinner on 4 nights (remaining dinners in lodge/camp restaurants)
- Satellite coms with both the lead bike and support crew.
- Small exclusive groups of max 6 riders
- The group stays together with the lead rider at all times.
This is a challenging ride but not an enduro event. The plan is to push boundaries occasionally as an adventure tourer and then in the evening relax under incredible Namibian starry sky enjoying an ice cold beer and traditional barbecue . And yes the gradient of the climb just ridden and depth of the sand are always higher and deeper around a crackling camp fire in a remote bush camp.
If the Kaokoland Wild looks a little daunting watch this space for our next regular Kaokoland Odyssey Tour. Same beauty , some challenging tracks but without the nasty bits.